A true coffee lover knows the value of one cup of coffee. One cup of special coffee can change your mood. If you are a coffee lover, you must cost lots of money for coffee. If you want to save your money, you need to buy the best home coffee roasters. There are several types of coffee roasters in the markets. We tried to find out which is the best roaster for home.
Why roast coffee beans at home
Unroasted coffee beans have no aroma and no flavor. The roasting process develops the coffee flavor. If you roast coffee beans properly you can get the aroma, flavor, and chemicals free coffee beans. If you roast coffee beans in your home, you can save lots of money. You can not only save your money, but you can also roast coffee beans in your favorites types of way.
Before you buy, you must check five important things.
1. Easy to use-
“Easy to use” one of the main criteria when you want to buy a product. If you bought any types of product that are cannot use easily, you definitely may be an unhappy person. So when you buy any product make sure this product an easy to use.
2. Powerful machine-
If you are looking roasting coffee at home, you must be looking for a powerful machine. You cannot roast beans properly without a powerful machine.
There are two types of home coffee bean roaster in our market.
Air is pushed out through the roasting chamber, touching all the beans directly.
Drum roaster means, inside the roaster, there is a round chamber that rotates.
3. Smoke reduction system-
Smoke reduction system is the other Maine matter for a coffee roaster. If you have a small kitchen or flat, you need a smoke reduction system in your roaster.
4. External cooling system-
The external cooling system is the other important part of your roaster. It can help your roaster for again use.
5. Easy to clean-
“Easy to clean” is not part of a roaster. But if you cannot clean your roaster properly, you can face lots of medical problems.
Here are details about the 7 best home coffee roasters
1. Behmor 1600 Plus
Behmor 1600 Plus is an award-winning coffee roaster. If you have a big family or you want to roast lots of coffee beans, then the Behmor 5400 1600 Plus Customizable Drum Coffee Roaster is the perfect choice for yours. Behmor 1600 Plus allows you to roast craft coffee easily at home.
Behmor 5400 1600 plus has five customizable roasting profiles, with an excellent cooling system. It has easy chaff separation with removable chaff tray. It can roast up to 1 pound of coffee beans. An easy cleaning system, five roast profile, excellent cooling system, and smoke suppression technology makes one of the advanced home roasters.
Let’s dive into some features and functionality of Behmor 1600 Plus
- Precision control and user-friendly settings: First of all, Behmor 1600 Plus has very easy, pre-programmed, user-friendly settings with precision control of the whole machine. If you want to roast, just select the amount of coffee beans, bean types/profile, roasting time and hit the start button.
- Roasting Profile: I already mentioned earlier, this machine has five customizable roasting profile. Well! The P1 is the hottest profile and p5 is the least roasting profile. If you want to roast your beans quickly, use P1 roasting profile.
- Roasting time adjustment: Behmor 1600 Plus has this awesome feature, which allows you to adjust the roasting time to give you your desired taste by roasting. The machine allows you to increase the roasting time by 15 seconds and decrease the time by 10 seconds.
- Light: This product has cool interior lighting features. If you wish to see the roasting process inside the Behmor’s heart, turn on the light and see the roasting magic.
- Cooling System: Earlier mentioned, Behmor 1600 Plus comes with an excellent cooling system.
- Simple OFF System: Like all other products, This machine also has an OFF button. But, one thing we need to tell you. If you are in the middle of roasting, no matter what roasting profile you are using, do not press the OFF button during roasting. This may cause smoke and probably caught in the fire. Do not damage your machine by pressing the OFF button whenever you want.
- Safety Function: Behmor 1600 Plus has its own safety feature. After roasting 75% of beans, this machine starts a countdown of 30 seconds. If anyone doesn’t hit the start button during this countdown, the machine automatically cools down by showing err7 on its digital screen.
- Powerful roaster.
- Five customizable roast profiles.
- Easy cleaning system.
- Smoke suppression technology.
2. Fresh Roast SR500
The Fresh Roast SR 500 is the most demandable and affordable roaster in the market. It is the most suitable for beginners who want to roast coffee at home. It is small in size which can keep conveniently in your counter. As about the capacity, you can roast approximately 120 grams of coffee beans in one period of time. By comparing to other roasters in the market, it relatively quick in work. You need to roast a few lots to have enough coffee for a week.
According to user-friendliness, this roaster is very simple as well as easy to use. It has one quietest motor with an air roaster and utilizing convective heat. It has marvelous features like 3 temperature settings, an adjustment dial fan and a button to change the roasting time.
- Compact – takes up slight space
- Very affordable for a quality coffee roaster.
- Very Quiet
- User-friendly operation.
- Easy to use.
- Roasting capacity is limited, nearly 4 oz.
- Smoke reduction systems are not available. You should roast near a window.
- You will need to operate the fan at max setting to properly roast all coffee beans, need to operate the fan at maximum level.
3. NESCO 481825PR, Classic Roaster Oven
NESCO 481825PR Classic Roaster Oven is one of the most powerful professional coffee roasters. Its functions and quality make its price reasonable. Its internal space is much bigger, whereas it has up to 22-pound roasting capacity. Moreover, it has an auto temp controller. That maintains the temperature from 200°f to 450°f. So, adjust this full range temperature you can roast coffee beans as your choice. This portable coffee roaster is perfect for your tabletop kitchen counter as well as the coffee shop counter. Here highlight the details below-
• This coffee roaster works on 1425 Watts and 120 volts.
• The cook well is removable, so you can easily clean it by a dishwasher.
• Its stainless steel surface is a stain, scratch, and corrosion resistant.
• Removable steel rake with a handle helps to easily get out the hot foods.
• Its extra high cupola lid is able to maintain the moisture.
• It has exclusive heating element “Circle of Heat” that’s why it performs an alternative of oven except boiling.
• After reaching the desired temperature, its indicator light turns off automatically.
- It can give you commercial performance.
- Its adjustable thermos help to maintain the roasting process.
- Able to roast most of all oven items.
- Removable porcelain cookwell.
- 18QT capacity.
- Not only for a home coffee roaster.
- You can use it as your second convention oven.
4. Coffee Bean Baker Home Coffee Roaster:
Many of us want to use an easy to maintain roaster at home, for then I think it is the best product. This machine can be used effortlessly to not only in the roasting of coffee beans but also roasting of peanuts, hazelnuts, almonds, pistachio and so many types of nutty materials. The use of it is very safe and easy as well as healthy for the products too. The automatic heating temperature of 110v with 1200 watt is perfect for steady heating power that provides heat to all the sides pots. The heating process can be adjusted according to different food products. It is non-stick.
- Easy to clean.
- The material is non-toxic.
- The cover is transparent and heat resistant.
- Lack of instructions on how to roast different materials.
5. Hottop Home Coffee Roaster KN-8828B-2K
The Hottop coffee roaster is one of the best advance coffee roasters in our list. Its unique design, advanced control panel, effective cooling system, as well as its several roast programs make it user-friendly. The Hottop coffee roaster also has a smoke reduction system. You can roast up to 9 oz coffee beans in a single time.
If you want to roast coffee beans in your small office, it will be the best option for you. It also has an external cooling system and a digital LED features control panel.
- Smoke reduction system
- External cooling system
- Digital Led features control panel.
- Beautiful design.
- Difficult to clean
6. Nuvo Eco Coffee Roaster
Nuvo Eco is a Ceramic made handy coffee roaster that is very easy to roast coffee bean for home use. The size of this roaster is 243mmx132 mmx33 mm and the weight is 340g. It is a brown color coffee roaster with the capacity of 30g to 70g. The internal structure of this roaster is so nice and the shape of this roaster helps to roast coffee bean equally. Nuvo Eco is made with so high temperature so during roasting it gives really good durability. It has a faster thermal conductivity during roasting. It has a 100% genuine leather grip to protect the hand from burning while roasting. While roasting, you may have a popping sound because this roaster has a rare hole.
Besides home use, this coffee roaster is also can be a better selection for camping. This roaster has lots of good qualities but during roasting, you should be careful about some issues. Be careful to roast too close to the fire. Do not touch other parts of the roaster except the leather covered grip. It will be better if you use gloves during roasting. Use a sponge or soft cloth to wipe with. Just after using the roaster don’t put it in cold water or pour cold water on it suddenly.
- Easy to use.
- Easy to clean.
- No advanced technology.
7. ELEOPTION Coffee Beans Home coffee roaster
If you want to roast a lot of coffee beans at the same time, ELEOPTION Coffee Beans coffee roaster is the best option for yours. ELEOPTION Coffee Beans roaster can roast 3lb coffee beans in a single time.
If you want a non-sticky roaster, ELEOPTION is the perfect choice for yours. It has a Non-Stick chassis, which make it’s reliable and easy to use roaster. ELEOPTION is the best perfect, fastest and most reliable coffee roaster. If you want to serve coffee in your family functions or party, It can save your time, money and energy. Its round shape body can fit any place in your kitchen; also it can save your valuable kitchen place. If you are popcorn or peanut lover, you can also roast popcorn and peanuts in this roaster. You can also roast the rice in this roaster. Its other couple advantage is easy to clean and easy to use the system. It can save your lot of valuable time, which can make you relax and you can enjoy your roasting processes.
- Easy to clean
- Also roast rice, popcorn, and peanuts etc.
- Runs only on 220 V.
Frequently Ask Questions:
01. Can I save money by roasting my own coffee?
Answer: Yes! You can save lots of money by roasting your own coffee because unroasted coffee is usually cheaper than roasted coffee. As well as, whole bean coffee is much cheaper than ground coffee. For these circumstances, you only spend an amount to buy a coffee roaster and a good quality high-end coffee machine with bean hopper. In this way, you will be able to take your savings to the next level!
02. Is roasting coffee hard?
Answer: No! Roasted coffee beans are not hard, rather unroasted beans are stiff. Moreover roasting coffee beans are so crisper than hard. Actually, its crunchiness will depend on how much the beans fried. Basically, unroasted coffee is hard than roasted coffee.
03. How do you cool coffee beans after roasting?
Answer: Please follow these procedures to cool coffee beans after roasting-
• After finishing the roasting process, keep all hot beans in a strainer and stir them until it’s warm to touch.
• Then transfer them into a small bowl and keep there until all come to a normal temperature.
• When the beans have normal temp to touch then put them into a glass jar.
• Keep the jar in a cold temper for 8 to 10hours without a lid.
• Then seal the jar tightly for storage.
04. How long do roasted coffee beans last?
Answer: If you ask this question depend on the best savor, then I like to inform that, it’ll get between 2-15days the coffee beans have been roasted. After then gradually the flavor, taste, and freshness of coffee extract will be going down, and it will stale after 30days.
05. How long do raw coffee beans last?
Answer: If you will keep the raw coffee (unroasted coffee bean) in a dry and cool place of your house as like, kitchen cupboard, then you can store it for a long time like a year. Please keep in mind, don’t store them in the refrigerator.
In the final analysis: which is the best coffee roasters?
In our opinion, we think Behmor 1600 plus is the best home coffee roasters. You can roast 1lb in a single time. Behmor 1600 plus has an easy cleaning system, Smoke suppression technology, powerful machine, and Five customizable roast profiles.