It’s true that without the fragrance of a hot cup of Joe, we cannot start the day properly. As like this, it has some real coffee benefit for skin. Without its antioxidant power, our skin is unable to rouse and boost up.
It is scientifically proved that, when we are drinking raw coffee (without sugar & creamer) 3 to 5 times a day, your body gets thousands of benefits from drinking coffee. Caffeine helps in keeping our body healthy from the inside. Likewise, many uses of coffee grounds help to stimulate our skin. Maybe you have a question on mind “How to use coffee scrub?”
Is applying coffee good for skin?
Applying coffee directly to your skin fight against the appearance of fine lines, sun spots & redness. There has a direct correlation between drinking coffee and a decrease in photoaging effects according to research.
Here I’ve disclosed the benefits of coffee scrub on skin with the recipe for our skin and hair problems.
01. Use coffee for silk shine smooth skins
Our skin cells are always producing a protein called Collagen. Collagen helps to keep the skin’s density, consistency, and elasticity that make the skin bright, plump and young. In our younger age, our skin can produce more protein automatically. But after 40 its production would be reduced. Our skin looks faded, toneless and aged.
In this circumstance, DIY coffee scrub works like ‘Sweet as Love.’ you can use coffee for skin glow. It helps to exfoliate the skins. Follow the below instructions 2/3 times in a month, and it will help your skins boost-up.
Ingredients for Making Scrubber: you will need
- Coffee grounds: 120mg (warm).
- Organic Coconut oil: 10ml (Also can use olive oil or carrier oil which is handy for you).
- Sea Salt: 2.5mg.
How to apply
- Keep all these 3 things in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix all evenly by a dry spoon.
- Applying this scrub in your whole body; especially, the dry skin area like elbow, knee, leg, hands.
- Gently massage then let it stay for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and take a shower.
Applying it will help to clean the slough with the dead cells and leave it purely refreshed and re-energized.
02. Coffee lip scrub for darker lips
The combination of coffee, lemon juice, and honey works like angle hand to repeals darkling lips and dark spots on your skins. You will back pigment lips color and skin by using this coffee scrub regularly. You can make this scrub by following these instructions-
- Fine ground coffee- 7.30ml (1/2tbl spoon)
- Honey- 7.30ml (1/2tbl spoon)
- Lemon Juice- 20ml (required unit depends on making a thick liquid paste.)
Using this paste on your blemishes and spotted skin area and lips for treatment. Massage this scrub evenly in the affected area for 2 minutes then leave it for stay 10 to 15 minutes to absorb properly in the skins. Wash out with normal water.
Repeat daily one time as long as the skin and lips pigment remove and get back to its own look.
You May Read; Honey In Black Coffee for Health
03. Coffee benefits from lessening under dark eye circles and eye bags
Under eye Dark circles: There are many reasons for this problem: lack of sleep, hormonal fluctuations, seasonal allergies, and dehydration, genetics and medicine reactions.
Under eye Bags: This under eye bags or tired, puffy eye or swollen eye also has appeared for the same reasons.
These make you look more aged than you really are. However, when you have coffee, no need to worry about these issues. Your brewed java can reduce de-puff under the eye by its anti-inflammatory compound. It possesses caffeine. Since coffee has diuretic which can drain away extra fluid from the fat cell, it helps to reduce eye bags. Caffeine can also stimulate blood flow. That helps to minimize darkness. You can apply coffee and honey eye mask. This following coffee ground eye mask is the best home remedy to cover these problems.
Ingredients of eye mask for the puffy eye: you will need
- Coffee powder (fine grounds): 10gm
- Carrier oil: 5ml Jojoba / Coconut oil (any handy one)
- Honey: 2.5ml
- Water: As per required for making the paste.
- Keep all ingredients in a small ceramic bowl.
- Blend all these properly to make the paste.
- Apply gently on the under eye darkness and de-puff area.
- Stay 20minuets for properly absorbed.
- Wash it slowly with luke-warm water and cotton ball.
- Apply this serum every day until reduce the eye bags.
04. coffee grounds scrub for cellulite/dimples reducing
When fatty tissue takes place under the skin’s surface and exhibits the dimples, these are called cellulite. This fatty tissue pulls down the skins around it. Thereby, it’s causing the scratches and dents on the skin’s surface. Most of the women and some man are affected by the dimple in the skins especially on the hip, thigh, buttocks, and arms. That’s why women feel embarrassed to wear some clothes.
Be patience, when you have the coffee, no need to be anxious. Coffee is exactly as it is ‘Black as the Devil & Pure as an Angle.’ The coffee ground has a rich volume of caffeine. So, you can use coffee for skin tightening. It stimulates the blood flow under the closer skin surface. Its abounded antioxidant components make the skin taut, smooth, supple and jovial looking. Coffee grounds are highly exfoliated if you applied topically, that helps to reduce the dimples. Here you will get the instruction for the DIY Coffee scrub for Cellulite.
Ingredients for scrubber
- Coffee Powder: 120mg (Fresh coffee grounds, not use the De-café or refilled mash)
- Coconut oil (organic raw oil): 60ml (also can use Olive oil or Neem oil)
- Sugar / Sea Salt: 60ml
- Water: As per needs to get perfect thickness.
- Mix all contents evenly in a small bowl.
- Rub the mixture in the cellulite area to cover it.
- Need to do harsh massage (up and down for 5 / 6 minutes) using knuckles.
- Keep it at least 15 minutes to absorb the moisture properly
- Clean it by warm water or taking a shower. No need to use soap.
- Apply it every day before shower until reducing the cellulite.
You will see results after 3 weeks. And to get the better results, you have to be patient for a few months.
05. Coffee benefit for the skin to fight with free radicals
Always our body has to fight against the reactive molecules, known as ‘free radicals.’ Free radicals are the cause of increasing dead cells, premature aging in pregnancy and plump up your skin cells lipids. Hydrocinnamic acids are serviceable at resist to free radicals which helps to repel oxidative stress. You can get it easily by drinking coffee. Coffee has plenty of polyphenols, hydrocinnamic acids, loads of antioxidants and useful multiple nutrients.
You may also read: Best Light Roast Coffee Beans
06. Benefits of coffee to repairs rosacea and UV damage
Rosacea is one kind of skin allergic reactions owing to sunburn. You see redness and feel irritation in your skin. While UVA and UVB radiation are the causes of oxidative stress and skin damages. That time your coffee works against them like ‘Black as the devil, Hot as hell.’ Therefore, using the coffee face mask with coffee drinks is very useful to solve this problem. Coffee has gamma, tocopherol vitamin E, which protects our skins against UV-damage. Moreover, it has a lot of anti-oxidant, anti- pigmentation, anti-inflammation, anti-cancer components. All these help to make exfoliation of skins with blood circulations and reduce redness and inflammation to prevent sunburn and rosacea problems. You will get excellent skin tone.
07. Benefits of coffee grounds on the face for Glowing Skins
We mentioned before that, the anti-oxidants of coffee helps to remove the dead cells from our skin. Its caffeine helps to flow the blood and stimulate the dull, tired skin. The acidity of java helps to make the skin a more protective obstacle. Besides, drinking coffee, applying of coffee facial mask benefits also unremarkable. You can use coffee for skin whitening. By preventing the pores, this coffee face mask will give you a glowing skin.
Coffee Facial Mask
- Fine grounds Coffee: 20gm
- Brown Sugar / Epson Salt: 10gm (any one of these items)
- Coconut milk: 5gm
- Lemon Juice: 4/5 drops
- Yogurt: 2 tablespoon
- Mix all ingredients well enough to make the paste. If needed then uses water.
- Applying it on your face.
- Massage in gentle circular motion for 1 minute.
- Stay 20 minutes to absorb properly.
- Wash slowly by using the flow of water.
To get good results, apply it 3 times a week in the first month. The second month is being said twice a week and from the third months recommend to use it once a week.
08. Benefits of coffee for hair growth
Coffee becomes your ‘Sweet as Love’ when you know how it can stimulate your hair volume with silk shine appearance. Just drinking a cup of java cannot be beneficial in this case, to get the benefits of coffee on hair direct application of coffee is also needed. Coffee has a lot of antioxidants like Vitamin E, caffeine, eugenol, isoeugenol, caffeic acid, scopoletin, gamma-tocopherol, p-coumaric acid, scopoletin, and tannic acid. All these are helpful for exfoliating and making ample blood circulation of the hair scalp. It eliminates hair loss and helps to grow healthy, silky, shine colorful hair. The method is given below.
- Fresh coffee grounds: 40mg.
- Henna powder: 20mg (Optional)
- Egg: 1pc (take only white fluid)
- Yogurt: 20mg (Optional)
- Water: To make a fine paste
- Disposable hand Glove
- Shower cap
(The increase or reduction of ingredients ratio will depend on the hair volume.)
Wear old cloth and cover your shoulder by using a towel. Wear the hand gloves before mixing all ingredients evenly by a toothbrush. Make it as so as to mimic the consistency of a cream. Using the brush apply the coffee mixture from the root to the top of the hair. Apply it to the whole head from one side to other. Use a shower cap to keep it for 20 min to 2 hr. If coffee fluid rolls down your face, clean it with soap and water immediately. Clean the messy hair by water. Then rewash hair using your regular shampoo. You can use this mixture of coffee for hair dye.
Tips for getting good results
- Egg, Henna & Yogurt all are optional. To get a good result, you can use them.
- Make sure your hair is oil-free before applying it.
- Use shampoo a day later, if you can bear its smell.
- Apply it twice a month.
About to know the benefits of coffee grounds this video will help you.
In the end, let’s go back to our starting line. Which raises the question in your mind that, what is the relationship between that quote and the coffee benefits for skin?
Yes! There is a deep connection between the quote and the coffee benefit for skin.
According to the needs of our skin, coffee is fighting against diseases like the devil. Sometimes the coffee melts all small fatty tissues like hot fire. On the other hand, coffee is developing new cells such as its purity, so the skin is filled with healthy sweet love.
Which coffee is best for skin?
Since Coffee contributes in tightening skin as well as vanishes dimply cellulite problem. So, for your home made body scrub, ground coffee can be best for skin with a spoon of olive oil and sugar. Applying this mixture in circular motions on your affected area may help a lot.
Does coffee help hair growth?
Caffeine in coffee works great for hair improvement. Proper application of coffee on the hair or scalp, it makes the roots stimulating. You just need to make sure coffee to be properly contacted with the roots. Thus caffeine content can be a great herb for hair.
Alpana is a barista expert. She got GOURMAND World Cookbook Award for outstanding performance in cooking.